Sunday, January 25, 2015

A simple black and cream valentine

 
   I wanted to play with the stamp set I have from Raisin Boat called Free as a bird.  I wanted to keep it simple so I embossed the bird and cages with a pewter embossing powder and die cut it with a fun heart die from Nellie they fit nice as this is a longer style heart. I then embossed the bottom of my card  that I had die cut with an accucut die and added a black print paper from my scraps. I cut a small stripe of silver paper and added a black washi tape on top to pull the silver out a bit.I die cut the word love with a paper smooches die. I added a small stripe of the black printed paper under the scallop and I was done. Not your traditional Valentine colors but I do like the simplicity and the elegant feel of this card.
    I will be entering this in Raisin Boats Challenge # 30 Love is in the air and MFT sketch challenge Be sure to stop in and see the other wonderful cards that the talented paper artist have made at both of these wonderful challenge blogs.
   Thanks for stopping and I hope this black and cream card helps you to think out side the box for your Valentine ( Wedding/Anniversary) card making.
Donna

" When I stand before God at the end of my life, I hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say,"I used everything you gave me" Erma Bombeck Writer

3 comments:

Linda said...

Oh so so sweet. Thanks for entering the Raisin Boat challenge!

Cheryl W. said...

Such a nice change from the usual pink and red.

Susan R. Opel said...

Black, cream, and lovely, Donna!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop