Monday, April 28, 2014

Sunflowers and gingham


   I know another post by me. It is wedding season so I don't get too much time to play in my craft room. But I had a stack of almost done cards on my table and a few hours for me.The funny thing is several of them had gingham accents in the mix so when I saw the  Gingham Challenge over at Mod Squad Challenge Blog I had to finish them up and enter them.
  For this one I had played with a new embossing folder with a scalloped lace on each side of the card. I then cut a piece of yellow gingham in the middle. I had stamped and colored some pretty Sunflowers from JustRite stamps so I cut them out. I stamped the thinking of you on a tiny polka dot paper I found in my scraps with brown momento ink. To make it stand out a bit more I sponged the edge with the brown ink.The oval saying was attached in the middle of the gingam and then used some pop dots to raise up the flowers I added on the right and left sides of the saying.
    I have an elderly custom in mind to send this card to. I think it will help brighten her day. She lost her husband a few weeks ago.
    Well I have a few more gingham cards to post so I better get going before the family gets up.
   Thanks for stopping.
Donna
" When I stand before God at the end of my life, I hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say,"I used everything you gave me" Erma Bombeck Writer

2 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Gorgeous card. Love all that beautiful yellow gingham and yellow blooms.

Lee said...

I absolutely LOVE sunflowers and gingham...such a sunny, cheery combination!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop