Thursday, February 13, 2014

A pocket warming Valentine


  I saw this cut little heart hand warmer idea on pinterest  I change it up a bit and used my Accucut heart die and cut the hearts out of some pink fleece. I sewed mine by machine and added rice not beans.( I used a small funnel to fill them with my daughter holding the heart and then pushing down with a wood skewer to get the rice in all of the corners) You just pop them in the micro wave 15 -20 seconds and you have some fun little fat free Valentine gifts.
  My daughter and I made a pair for each of her youth group leaders along with some Ghiradelli chocolate. She chose to make some pillow boxes Accucut die used and emboss them with a  heart embossing folder. She also cut the tags from the scraps.
   It is a simple inexpensive gift the leaders loves ( many are collage students)
  I hope you got some inspiration to make your own hand/pocket warmers.
  Thanks for stopping in and have a Great Valentines Day. Stay safe and warm with all of this crazy weather.
Donna

" When I stand before God at the end of my life, I hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say,"I used everything you gave me" Erma Bombeck Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop